A musculoskeletal ultrasound is performed as a first-line screening modality in the evaluation of soft-tissue masses.
The sonographic appearance of cysts or lipomas may obviate the need for further imaging.
For other complex cystic or solid masses, this test can evaluate lesion vascularity, guide diagnostic and therapeutic aspiration or biopsy procedures, and be used for follow-up examinations to determine response to therapeutic interventions.
TRUE HEALTHCARE FOR YOUR FAMILY!
or Call Us Now
General Preparation Information
Each imaging exam has its own guidelines. Special instructions for your exam will be given at the time of scheduling. For certain procedures, we will contact you 24-48 hours prior to your exam with specific preparation instructions. The following are general guidelines that apply to all imaging exams:
- Notify your physician and our staff if there is any chance that you may be pregnant and/or are currently breastfeeding.
- Discuss any special needs – such as dietary and/or physical limitations – with us in advance.
- Ask us about recovery time in advance, and let us know if you require a driver so that you can make the necessary arrangements with work and/or family.
- Wear comfortable, metal-free clothing. Be prepared to change into a patient gown if necessary.
- Arrive 20 minutes in advance to verify your registration information and provide any additional health information before your exam.
- Bring prior x-rays or scans with you to the exam if you are instructed to do so.
Upper Abdominal & Retroperitoneal Ultrasound Preparation Information
- There is no necessary preparation for this exam.